Rice and Moong Dal Porridge Mix (Stage 3)
Moong bean is a safe food for your baby with no food allergies. In fact, it is one of the best foods that you can think of for your child. Also, it is a good source of protein, vitamins and minerals. Other benefits include protecting and healing the liver and stimulating the immune system.
From 10 to 18+ months old babies
Rice and Moong Dal
Directions to use:
1. Take 100 ml water in a bowl and add one big spoon of ByGrandma Rice and Moong Dal Porridge Mix and make it in a watery consistency. To ensure there are no lumps, keep stirring while adding the Ragi and Moong Dal Porridge powder.
2. You can take the vessel to a stove and put it on medium flame. Keep Stirring constantly for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. For better taste, you can add the natural sweetener like palm candy for taste (Optional)
4. The Ragi and Moong Dal Porridge is all set to fill your baby’s tummy!
Tips: To enhance the taste and flavour, mash and cook carrots separately and add it to Porridge.
Do not add salt and ghee until your baby turns 1 Year.
Best served when it is lukewarm.
- High in vitamins, minerals, and protein
- Easy to digest and curbs frequent hunger pangs
- Simple to make with the use of few ingredients
- 100% vegetarian
How it can be a supplement to baby
There is a stark difference between yellow moong dal and green moong dal. The green moong is unpolished and not suitable for baby. Whereas the yellow ones are the polished ones and best for babies.
Although, the best food for baby is breast milk! Every baby will have a different nutritional requirement. So, it is always important to identify what your baby needs and which food will suit the baby best!
Once, you are sure about the nutrients required, you can supplement your baby’s food intake with this homemade recipe which is safe, natural and healthy.
Also, when you’re traveling with your baby and staying up in a hotel, Rice and Moong Dal Porridge Mix is an easy-to-make food.