Sprouted Ragi Porridge Mix (Stage 1)
From 5 months to 7+ months old babies and also for breastfeeding mothers
Sprouted and dry roasted ragi
Directions to use:
- Add 20 Grams or one big spoon of By Grandma ragi powder to 100 ml water in a bowl and make it in watery consistency. Stir while adding ragi powder to water to ensure there are no lumps.
- Take the vessel to stove and put it on medium flame. Stir constantly for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add natural sweetener like palm candy (optional) for taste.
- Once cooked thoroughly, porridge is ready to fill your baby’s tummy.
Serve when it is lukewarm.
- Highly nutritious containing a good mix of iron, calcium, minerals and protein
- Easy to digest and curbs frequent hunger pangs
- Simple to make with the use of few ingredients
- 100% vegetarian
How it can be a supplement to baby
Breast milk is best for babies. However, each baby is different and so is their nutrition requirement. So firstly, identify the actual nutrition requirement of the baby and which food suits the baby best. You can supplement your baby’s food intake with this homemade recipe which is safe, natural and healthy.
How it can be a supplement to breastfeeding mothers
When the baby is less than 5 months, he/ she has to be exclusively breastfed. In that case, mothers can have this Ragi porridge to boost their milk production to meet their baby’s requirement and can feed them efficiently. It also helps them in increasing their immunity and to improve Iron and calcium content after delivery. Mothers can add milk to the same porridge.